NOTE: REGISTRATION: 10:15AM FOR 10:30AM START
Please note: To book onto this training, you must have submitted an I CAN Licensee Application and have been approved by our team of expert advisors. To apply, click here.
Talk Boost Tutor Training Overview
The Talk Boost KS1 Tutor Licensee Training course is delivered over one day and lasts for five hours.
It covers the background to the development and the evaluation of Talk Boost KS1, the structure of the Talk Boost KS1 intervention and supporting materials and an overview of the training course for teachers and teaching assistants. Subsequently, Tutors will need to familiarise themselves with the materials and manuals and with the training materials. They will need to spend some time before running each training course in familiarisation with the materials and preparation of the activities.
Licensed Tutor training also includes an overview of adult learning approaches and information about the marketing and licensing of I CAN products.
Training is held at I CAN central office in central London. Training can be arranged in your local area if you can arrange a cohort of six who meet the Talk Boost KS1 tutor criteria.
What does a Talk Boost KS1 Tutor do?
- Delivers Talk Boost KS1 training to teacher and teaching assistant pairs
- Supports staff so they know how to identify children for the intervention; deliver the Talk Boost KS1 intervention including whole class activities and measure and report the outcomes of the intervention
- Support the practical issues of planning and overcoming challenges to the running of Talk Boost KS1
- Provide initial information to a school about Talk Boost to support the school in choosing an evidenced intervention
- Provide ongoing support and advice to the school to assist them in identifying and tracking progress of children who take part in Talk Boost KS1 groups
- Offer additional I CAN resources and products to the school to meet their speech, language and communication needs (SLCN)
- Licensed Tutors shall use their best endeavours to deliver Talk Boost to as many schools as possible
To become a Talk Boost KS1 Tutor you will be one of the following:
- An experienced teacher with knowledge of speech, language and communication and of training adults
- A Speech and Language Therapist with experience training adults and of working in schools
All Licensed Tutors will need to have experience of training and coaching.
The cost of Talk Boost KS1 Licensed Tutor training is £420, which includes a full set of resources. In addition an annual licence fee is payable at £60 (inc.VAT).
As a minimum performance the Licensed Tutor should aim to deliver training to at least one setting a year.
We will contact you to confirm your place and invoice details.
Information About Booking
If you can click on the 'Book Now' button below, this means that you have applied to become an I CAN Licensee and have been approved to become a Talk Boost KS1 Licensed Tutor.
If you can't currently click on the 'Book Now' button below, this could be because:
1) You have not yet applied to become an I CAN Licensee. You can apply here
2) You have completed your application which is currently being reviewed by our team of expert advisors. We will be in touch shortly to let you know which I CAN Products you are able to be licensed in.
3) Your application was not successful to become a Talk Boost KS1 Licensed Tutor. Please check your online account to see which products you are approved for.
If you have a question or query, please do not hesitate to get in touch here